DIY Seed Bomb Wedding Favors
A trend in wedding favors is moving away from just a cute little trinket to items that are more personal and useful. If your wedding has a nature or flower theme, or perhaps if you and your fiance love to garden - or just to celebrate Spring, consider having seeds for flowers as a favor. But why just give a package of seeds, when you could do something fun with them? Seed Bombs are a cute, easy, and totally customizable way to easily give your guests flower seeds that are in turn super easy and convenient to plant.
The written version:
A mold (Any material will do. Any mold for candy, soap, ice cubes, etc. Fun shapes make for fun favors!)
A large bowl
Scrap paper/junk mail - whatever you have lying around.
A Blender or food processor
Strainer or fine mesh sieve
Paper towels or a sponge
1. Tear or shred the paper and place in bowl
2. Add enough water to the bowl to cover the paper. Let soak for a few hours
3. Take the wet paper and put in blender or food processor. Add a little bit of the soaking water.
4. Blend it all until the paper is a wet, pulpy mess
5. Take the pulpy mess and pour it into a strainer. Use a paper towel or sponge to press as much extra water out as possible.
6. Put the pulp back into the (now dry) bowl and mix in the flower seeds. - You can use a spoon or just your hands to evenly distribute the seeds throughout the pulp.
7. Press the pulp into the spaces of the mold, packing it in firmly.
8. Use paper towels or a sponge to press out any additional moisture from each favor.
9. Place the mold in a well-ventilated area and allow it to dry for at least 24 hours.
10. Unmold the favors!
They can be decorated with ribbons or put into some sort of packaging, or perhaps add a sticker with your names and wedding date. Add a note for your guests explaining that all they have to do is plant the whole favor (but remove any stickers you might put on them). The paper will dissolve in the dirt, and the seeds will produce lovely flowers to remember your wedding day.